Saturday, December 24, 2011

XMAS EVE

A pair of Wedge-tailed Eagles, a Crescent Honeyeater (summer visitors to our high country), Pilotbirds, a Superb Lyrebird, a Black-faced Monarch, several Copper-tailed Skinks (I've never seen them in Bundanoon), a Sword-grass Brown, a Snail Parasite Blowfly, a few Red Eye Cicadas (I think), a lone Green-headed Ant (maybe - the ant was iridescent green, with red legs, and was close to two centimetres long) & a few Golden-tailed Spiny Ants were some of the species that came out of an hour or so at Bonnie View, late morning, for my son and I. The weather - shock, horror - was warm and still. Clouds were lethargic.

My son was entranced by everything. We sat for a while, eating biscuits and drinking water, and immersed ourselves in the sandstone cradle and hypnotic view. Bonnie View is my favourite spot in Bundanoon. I could gaze at the seemingly immeasurable gullies/valleys below it, forever. I'm surprised more folks don't get down there. And glad.

LJ, December 24 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment