Friday, August 29, 2014

CITRINE WAGTAIL

I've just been in a forum chat with a woman who reckons she's unearthed a Citrine Wagtail at wetlands in Mudgee NSW. When she first put up photos of the bird, I was skeptical, believing the bird to be an Eastern Yellow Wagtail due to colour on the belly and flanks. Now, I'm doubting myself. Her photos and report are on eremaea, Australia's premier bird id database. It's generated a lot of discussion. Other birders are leaning towards Citrine. Experts - in due course - will decide whether the bird is definitely a Citrine. It'll be interesting to see what pans out. Citine Wagtails are incredibly rare vagrants to Australia. There have been only 3 authenticated records. I include a random Google image of a Citrine. LJ, August 29 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment