Friday, October 5, 2012

A BREAK FROM MARKING

I had to get away from correcting Year 11 creative writing papers for a while, late morning. I've almost finished the pile of 150+. Headed down to sewage treatment plant area in hot, windy conditions. Great to see 3 Brown-headed Honeyeaters - huddled together like woodswallows - attempting to fend off the wind (something I've not seen them do before). They were allopreening for a while too. Dusky Woodswallows and White-throated Gerygones are back now. Several Rufous Whistlers were calling. A woman drove past, asked me whether I was bird watching. When I said yes, she said, "Good on you", then drove off. LJ, October 5 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to have encouragement, Lorne.
    re your Woodswallow post, the Canberra Birdwatchers have been reporting huge schools of Woodswallows, (White-browed and Masked, apparently) circling high, just as you have described.
    Denis

    ReplyDelete